Bnei Brak is the 8th largest town in Israel. Established in 1924 by Polish Hasidim, it is located between Tel Aviv – Jaffa, Ramat Gan, Petah Tikvah and Givat Shmuel. Its name is mentioned in the Bible, the Mishna and the Talmud. Most of its population is Orthodox, and many religious institutions can be found there, alongside industrial facilities such as “Coca Cola Israel”.
Bnei Brak lies between two main traffic axes – road 481 (Jabotinsky Road) and road 4 (Geha Highway). The Bnei Brak Station of the Israel Rail is located on its northern border, serving Ramat Ha’Hayal and the area around the Ayalon Shopping Center.
The Red Line of the Light Rail will stop at a station on Jabotinsky Road, connecting Bnei Brak with neighboring Petah Tikvah as well as with Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv – Jaffa and Bat Yam. In the future, the Metro’s M2 line will pass through the town, with stations at Hazon Ish and Kahneman.