Holon, the southern neighbor of Tel Aviv Yafo, is a town with a population of around 200,000 people, with industry, commerce and offices. It was established in 1940 with the unification of five workers’ neighborhoods and gained the status of a town in 1950. Its name – also mentioned in the Bible – refers to the sands on top of which it is built.
Holon is located near major traffic axes – road 4 (Geha Highway, or, by its official name, the First President Road), road 44 (Ha’Shiva Road, Jaffa-Jerusalem Road), and the southern part of road 20 (Ayalon Freeway). Busses connect it to Tel Aviv and other neighboring towns such as Bat Yam and Rishon Le’Zion. The Israel Rail has two stations in Holon, along the Ayalon Freeway.
20 stations of the Light Rail are planned in Holon, along a route stretching from Tel Aviv and Herzliya in the north to Sokolov Station, where the line splits into two branches – one towards Moshe Dayan Station in Rishon Le’Zion and one towards road 412 in Rishon Le’Zion.
- 53,100Daily Passengers