Kiryat Ono is a town located in the Ono Valley, between Givat Shmuel, Ramat Gan, Savion, Ganei Tikvah and Petah Tikvah. It was founded in 1939 as an agricultural settlement named Kfar Ono. In the 1950s it hosted an immigrant camp, and during the 1960s, the neighborhoods of Kiron and Rimon were built. Kiryat Ono became a town in 1992, and in 1995, the Ono College was established there.
Two important lateral roads pass through the town, road 471 connecting it to road 4 (Geha Road) and road 6 (Trans-Israel Highway), and road 461 (Lod-Bnei Atarom Road).
The northern branch of the Light Rail’s Purple Line will pass through the edge of town, with a station on the axis between Shiba Road the Jabotinsky Street in Givat Shmuel. Two stations of M3 Line are also planned in Kiryat Ono, connecting it to Herzliya, Holon and Bat Yam.