Yehud-Monosson is a town created in 2003 by the unification of the town of Yehud (established in 1948 and declared a town in 1995) and the community settlement of Neve Monosson (established in 1953). The name Yehud appears in the Bible and was preserved in the name of the village Yehudia that was destroyed in 1948. The name Monosson comes from the name of the founder of Neve Monosson.
The two is home to 31,000 residents, the Israel Aerospace Industries, security technology companies and regular industry.
From a transportation perspective, Yehud-Monosson enjoys its proximity to the Ben Gurion Airport, highway 1 (the Jerusalem-Tel Aviv Road), road 461 and road 40. The Purple Line of the Light Rail will connect the eastern part of the town at Ha’Tayasim Station with Tel Aviv via Ramat Gan and Givatayim. Along its route, it will have six (ground) stops in Yehud and one (ground) stop at Neve Monosson.